Sunday, December 11, 2011

What a week!

Well it has been a busy week around here. I had the open house/craft show last Saturday and it was really fun. Of course I stayed up WAY too late the night before getting everything ready, so by the time for the show, I was EXHAUSTED! But I set up all of my products, got everything priced and had a fun time talking to the people who came. I am learning to get out of my comfort zone and actually TALK to people who are looking at my products and believe me, that is not easy for me! I sold a few things and got an order for a custom banner, so I'm really pleased. It was nice to get out of the house and do something for my new little business.
Later in the week, we all were fighting off colds. This year has been the worst for us! We've had more sickness and sad things happen in 2011 than ever before. I'm very much looking forward to 2012 and the happy, good things ahead.
Now I'm trying to decide whether to open an Etsy shop, sell my products on eBay or do craft shows. I may try one of those options and then gradually add another. Eventually I'd like to do more parties and invitations and less gift items. I am happy to have gotten a little bit of exposure at the open house last weekend. I got my business card into lots more hands and that can't be a bad thing. I also got to talk to some other small business owners (Thirty-One, Pampered Chef, Scentsy and Lia Sophia consultants) and I'm thinking of inviting them to do a bigger open house some time soon. Maybe around February or March? We'll see.
I've also been pinning a LOT on Pinterest. And not only pinning but actually doing projects I've pinned! That is such a satisfying feeling.
One of the things I pinned (and completed!) was an apron for Audrey. I used this tutorial: http://myblondeambitions.blogspot.com/2010/09/quick-and-easy-childs-apron-tutorial.html and created this: Apron for Audrey
and this:
Tool belt/apron for Easton
These two little items might not look like much but they are HUGE accomplishments for me! First, I went to the store, bought the fabric, came home and had these completed the VERY NEXT DAY! Sorry for the all caps here but seriously, if you only knew what a huge thing this is for me, you'd be yelling in happiness too! And the second reason this is a big deal is I have a love/hate relationship with sewing. I know next to nothing about my machine and when it works, I love it. But boy, when it doesn't ... that's another story entirely. I still need lots of practice and you can tell if you look very closely at anything I've sewn. But I sure am proud of these two little projects.
Here's hoping you have a productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment